How to set up a Tplink wireless router for a wireless or wired network?
Tplink ac1750 setup and installation
Setting up a Tplink wireless router for a wired or wireless network also includes the process of installing your tplink router. Installing here in this part refers to the hardware installation of the devices enclosed with your Tp-link router. What you need to do before proceeding on with the tp link router setup is that you have to check for all the necessary requisite components like Ethernet cables, modem, power supply cord or adapter, a Tplink user manual and Tplink router software CD (If provided).
Here is how you can get your TPlink router set up easily and quickly
First of all, if you have a modem already, then half of your work is already done.
- Unbox your brand new Tp link router and connect it to the modem. Plugin one of the end of the Ethernet cord into the WAN port of the modem and the other end of the Ethernet cord to one of the available ports of your TPlink router.
- Now, plug in the power supply cord of the adapter to the Tplink router and switch on the power supply of the router. It is advised to wait for a little while until the router boots up.
- Now, you can configure your newly connected TPlink router by accessing its custom web interface through the web address tplinkwifi.net. This web address redirects the Tplink users to its router’s hardware web interface in which the device can be configured.
- Also, you need to connect your computer system to your router or to the modem device (if it supports LAN or wifi).
- For wired cable connection between the computer system and the TPlink wireless router or modem, you need to plug in the Ethernet cord’s one end to the
- Now, launch an updated and compatible web browser like Safari or Chrome on your computer and enter the web address tplinkwifi.net in its address bar and hit enter.
- A small pop up window asking for a Tplink router login password and username will appear. Enter the default login credentials as “admin” and “password” or “admin” and “admin” for the username and password field respectively.
- Now, navigate straight towards the WAN tab and then you have to select a proper connection type from the drop-down list of connection types and preferably WAN.
- Fill in all the details being asked on your current page and follow the instructions being displayed.
- Click the “Save” tab and then “apply settings” tab to make all the changes effective on your Tplink wireless router. Wait for a while till your Tp-link router boots up and then only it can be used for a wireless or wired data transmission in a network.
- Your TPlink wireless router is ready to be used and enjoy the lightning-fast speed with TP link routers and modems.
How to boost and enhance your wireless network security on Tplink AC 1750 router?
Your wireless network security is all that you need to browse the internet safely and securely on your Tplink ac1750 router. The wireless network security needs are always related to the Tplink firmware update.
Let us show how your Tp link router’s security can be enhanced. Follow the detailed guidelines mentioned below to make your Tp link router more secure. Several key points need to be taken care of. Some of them have been listed below.
- The tplink firmware update should be done regularly.
- Always try to use an Ethernet cable connection for performing core tasks on your Tplink router like firmware update, login password change, router reset and Tplink router setup, etc.
- It is also recommended to change your Tplink router login password from time to time and the password should be strong. Include the lower case, upper case and special symbols in your router login password.
- It is also advised to keep your Tplink router off when you are not using it. It naturally prevents malicious users from accessing your wireless network.
- Also, log into your TPlink router through tplinkwifi.net and in the “wireless section”, you can enable or disable WLAN. When you keep the disable WLAN active, your wireless network SSID will not be shown to anyone and you have to manually add a wireless network. This also increases your network’s and router’s security.
What is tplinkwifi.net and what to do if tplinkwifi.net login fails for tplink ac1750 router?
Tplinkwifi.net is a default web address www.tplinkwifi.net through which the users can get into the Tplink router’s web interface for its initial and post-setup changes.
However in the case where you face any difficulty while logging into your TPlink router through tplinkwifi.net, what you just need to do is log into your TPlink router through either of your router’s default IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. Still, if any issue occurs with the use of these default IPs. What you can do is go on with your Tplink router reset.